This bacon ranch pasta salad is a big hit for any family gathering.
- 2 C. uncooked shell pasta
- 4-5 peeled baby carrots or 1 large regular carrot, shredded
- 1 C. frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 C. mayonnaise, more if desired but NOT miracle whip
- 1 1 oz. packet Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix or 1/2 of a .4 oz. package of the buttermilk version
- 1/4 C. bacon bits (I use Hormel REAL bacon bits or pieces)
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
In large bowl, mix mayo, dressing mix, bacon bits, shredded carrots and onion powder. Chill this mixture while you continue making the rest of the salad. Cook pasta al dente, drain and cool. Fold in pasta carefully. Gently fold in peas last. Chill for several hours and serve chilled or at room temperature. Refresh salad if needed with a tiny bit of mayo, but it usually doesn’t need it. Garnish top with more bacon bits pieces. You can never have too much bacon.
Servings Per Recipe: 10 Amount Per Serving Calories: 336 Total Fat: 26.8g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 691mg Total Carbs: 14.9g Dietary Fiber: 1.1g Protein: 9.3g